Pages

Wednesday, June 30

Making decisions is hard...

Before I got married I lived at home with my parents. This didn't necessarily set me up for running a household of two. There are a great deal of decisions that have to be made that I never really thought about. I expect that you walk in and the lights will be on, the cell phone bill paid, the TV to have cable, insurance on the car, health insurance, water, internet, and food in the fridge. I never considered that all of these items required a decision to be made about which company to use. They can be expensive.
We live in area that doesn't allow basic cable or at&t. We have to use dish if we want any service that allows the movie channels and so forth that I'm use to. Before I married, I had over 900 channels plus movies on demand with the click of a button. I didn't realize how much that cost. I looked into getting dish at the house, but I have to say it really wasn't worth the price to us. Instead, we opted for the rabbit ears to at least get the news. For the past four months we had 4 channels. Going from 900+ to 4 channels is a big difference. The 4 channels are free though (well after buying the adapter). This weekend a friend had an extra rabbit ear set that was different from the one we had picked up. After a couple of days of playing we now actually get 13 channels. We are so moving up in the world.
TV was an easier decision with an easy fix. We found a cheap way to get something that isn't a necessary but desired. We also borrow movies from the library (for free) for when nothing is on. And occasionally rent a movie from redbox. You can't beat getting a new release for $1, and we only keep them for one day. The electricity was luckily already on, he lived in the house months before we ever got married, so he had taken care of the situation. The water goes throught tha landlords. And we both kept our cell phones before the wedding. The tough one came to car insurance.
I spent weeks looking online at car insurance information, the companies, and the pricing. After getting really really fustrated and not understanding anything about it I left the house in a rush, we needed insurance the next day, and headed to nationwide. (They had the cheapest rate when I looked online before I started trying to buy it and it jumped from $100 to $300. ) I spent longer than normal at nationwide, because nothing would go right for me that day. I finaaly got car insurance at a great rate, and less than the internet ever quoted me.
Now it's time for another type of insurance, health. That's right I know have to get health insurance and his company insurance isn't that great so go public right. Here's the problem we will move every year or so for a while still. My husband works in construction, and we have to move when the next job starts up. So buying insurance that will only cover me in this area isn't a good idea. So it was recommended that I get something liek united health or blue cross blue shield. I've looked into them and they can be expensive or have no coverage. I don't really get sick and go to the dr. because I hate hospitals and dr.'s offices. So not having much coverage isn't that bad of a deal, excpet we are trying to have a baby. Guess what any insurance I can find that you are not required to visit a dr. in a certain area doesn't cover materninty, but they do cover birth control. Which I find a little off. Shouldn't people be praised for having children and raising them (especially if they are married). Insted the compaines are encouraging promescuity. They really wont cover anything if you opt to use a midwife instead of going to a dr. So what is a chrisitan woman to do. Luckily for me one of my sister-in-laws know about a christian ministry program that allows for medical coverage. It even helps with maternity care and midwives. The whole concept of the program is christians helping other christian with monetary needs due to medical issues. I've requested information and am considering this as a great option and an answer to my prayers.

No comments:

Post a Comment