Pages

Monday, June 28

trading books

I love to read and have somehow collected 4 bookshelves full of books. Don't get me wrong this is a good thing, unless you are like me and tend to move a great deal. I have moved 18 times in my life and packing up all those books, moving them, and unpacking them if worth it as long as the books are good. I have, however, seemed to collect what I call guilty pleasure books (books that you love to read, but don't admit it to anyone). While at one point I have enjoyed reading these books they no longer give me the same feeling. My mother-in-law (wow that's still weird to say after 4 months) told me about this website that allows you to trade your books with other members. I have since joined to different websites and both have their ups and downs. My favorite on is bookmooch.com. You get points for posting books, trading books, and getting comments when people receive books. The points you get for trading books are given to you the moment you agree to trade the book, even before it is mailed. This site allows you to trade for more books than you actually give away. People also set up deals to get ride of more books by allowing you to get 3 books for only 1 credit or other variations. The down side, for me at least, is that the books I'm looking for are not always available. So I joined paperbackswap.com. This website gives you 2 credits for the first 10 books you post and the 1 point for every book you give away. So you basically only get 2 extra books for every book you give away, but it is a little more known so finding the books you are looking for yields positive results more often. You don’t get the point until the book is shipped (if you buy the postage from them or until it is received if you buy postage on your own. Also members can not give back points to the people swapping books so it’s not as good of a deal as the bookmooch is. It cost about $2-$3 to mail a book and while you may be able to pick up some books at the ½ price bookstore for the same price but I figure sometimes you’re getting better books. Overall, it doesn’t require you to dig through unorganized bookshelves and you get to clean off your shelves at the same time.

No comments:

Post a Comment