Pages

Friday, June 25

Walmart is it really worth it

I use to love Walmart. When you grow up in a town that has a grocery store, walmart, and not much else you learn to do all your shopping there without thinking about it at all. Now that I have more options and can really choose were I spend my money, I have learned to hate walmart. I always forget how much until I go back in to pick up a few things. I'll admit walmart has some great deals. Including their $5 sodas and the snack food section that they have is good variety (better than anywhere else I've found). But the poeple that work there are usually rude, and now when you shop you have people asking you to sign up for the credit card while you shop. Maybe they should spend the money and have them asking people if they need help instead. Getting back to customer service that is severally lacking. The greeters still stay hello to you at least 50% of the time and if your lucky they will even look at you when they say it. I finally broke down and went to walmart today to pick up snack stuff to place in lunches, when I went in I realized I needed onions as well and didn't want to make another stop for just them. It was my lucky day I guess because they were on sale for $.49 instead of the dollar plus that they normally are. Instead of just picking up one as planned I went ahead and grabbed a couple. At that price I couldn't help it. I continued my shopping and went to pick up a movie I wanted to see Remember Me. I had looked online and at Walmart it was on sale for $12 and I had a coupon for $8 off. I could own the movie for the same as renting it. But when I got to the electronics section the move was $20 not what I was expecting. I finally spoke to an employee to find out that it is typical for items to be cheaper online than in the store. You can't get the online price in the store because walmart doesn't compete with itself. If someone else advertises it for a cheaper price then they will match it (Well, I don't know about you but if someone else charges less at walmart I'm going there just to avoid Walmart even if it is out of my way). So I finished my shopping minus the movie I was going for, and headed to check-out. The lady started ringing everything up, and then the last item came. Remember those onions that were a great price so I picked up several. Yeah that comes back up again. They ring up as $1.52 a lb. not the $.49. Now a couple of cents different I might not have said anything just so I could get out of the store, but that is a major price difference. So the cashier had to walk all the way over to the produce section and look because she didn't believe that they were on sale. I think if I have to buy anything else at walmart I'm going to start a list of what it costs on the shelf and check it against what they ring up at the register. I just wonder what I have missed not only at this visit but also on others. How much money do they really make on people who just let things ring up and expect them to be right. This isn't the first time I've heard of items on sale ringing up as the original price.
One positive note after all my ranting and raving I saved $9 by using coupons.

No comments:

Post a Comment