Pages

Tuesday, September 21

too much to do but still on a french food kick....

I finally started school back up again at the end of August, and I've been so busy ever since. My first exam is this week and I feel like all I can do is study, study, and study some more. Too bad that's not all I have to do. Instead I have to cook, clean, and wash.
Somehow I managed to invite 5 people over for lunch wed. with a promise of duck. I love eating duck but it takes awhile to cook, so there does my being able to sleep in. The first time I ever ate duck was in Paris in a little restarunt right of the Champs Elysees Avenue. I have since cooked it twice for family, and wish I could eat it more often. Too bad it costs a little too much money to actually afford to eat it on a regular basis. Surprisingly duck is only $2.99lb, but you have to get about 5lbs just to feed four people. I'm also planning on making a dish with butterrnut squash, shitake mushrooms and cherry tomatoes all seasoned with rosemary and roasted. Basically we are going to be eating a thanksgiving style lunch just for the fun of it. I figured all the guys deserve it because the next day they will have to start their eight days straight. I also wanted to make escargot. I did a little research and discovered that you can actually uses snails form your garden to make it. Yeah! I can make Fancy French. But to  make sure that they don't have any poison you have to keep them in a jar for two days, so I decided it would be fun to make them for dinner one night. So my husband and I headed outside to collect snails. Normally we are over running with them, and they climb up the walls of the house, but I guess luck wasn't with me because the only ones we could find were the ones the climbed so high they died. Now i'm hoping for rain to bring out the snails just so I can try making escargot. 

No comments:

Post a Comment